    during a redirect.
    Please help!!

    , Mar 27, 2007

    On Mar 27, 5:05 pm, wrote:
    > I'm having a lot of difficulty finding any info on this. Maybe there
    > is different approach. I have a web application X that uses form
    > authentication. I want to be able to automatically login another web
    > application Y into X through a user name and password. So for e.g. if
    > a user is in Y there will be an "invisible" transition between Y to X
    > during a redirect.
    > Please help!!

    It all depends on implimentation. My first reaction is "yes".
    However, you need to supply more details. If you are creating new
    sites or they already exist. Which version of .NET you are using.
    etc.

    I have used the Membership API in 2.0 for several applications using
    the same membership database and application name in the Web.Config.
    In that case, all members of one application were automatically
    members of the other and were also authenticated cross-domain.

    Forms Authentication uses cookies. You could specify the name of the
    cookie in both applications and check for the existance of the cookie
    to see if the user is authenticated. If the person isn't allowing
    cookies, that would be their tough luck.

    Hope this helps

    --Larry--

    , Mar 27, 2007