Automatic Blog comments

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Vinayak said:
I'm new here. Please permit me to ask some newbie question

So you said on several other newsgroups. How about learning how to
cross-post instead of multi-posting?

The answer is the same as I saw posted in the other group.

BTW, I feel that your auto-posting would be spam, and if the blog were
mine, I'd shut you out.

David Dorward

Vinayak said:
*I am SERIOUSLY AGAINST SPAM of any kind*
- Let's say I search for key words using google's blog search and I get
some 10 blogs

- I feed these URL into this software - even better if this software
will pickup these blog URL from google / search engine search pages

- Software should open the comment pages of these blogs +
paste the comment file into these blogs (the comments could be part of a
file or could be copied into memory using control + c ... etc.)

- then we move on the the next and so on

That is spam. Plain and simple.

Vinayak

Dear Members

I'm new here. Please permit me to ask some newbie question

I'm from a non-profit organization, working for gender equality. We wish
to get a small message across to sister blogs (blogs with a common
thread, purpose)

*I am SERIOUSLY AGAINST SPAM of any kind*

I'm using Win XPP

I am looking at a software to post comments to blogs

- Let's say I search for key words using google's blog search and I get
some 10 blogs

- I feed these URL into this software - even better if this software
will pickup these blog URL from google / search engine search pages

- Software should open the comment pages of these blogs +
paste the comment file into these blogs (the comments could be part of a
file or could be copied into memory using control + c ... etc.)

- then we move on the the next and so on

- I'm also ready to log into some (10 or so ) popular blog sites so that
the cookies for posting are open

- Manual intervention
------------------------------
required manual inputs from me to answer word recognition etc. will be
done by me

*There can be limits on the max post per session / day* to avoid spam

...... any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance
and
Regards
Vinayak

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Vinayak] on Sunday 20 November 2005 16:23 \__
Dear Members

[...]

Do the blog owners /know/ that you wish to post comments? Do they know
these are /automatically/ entered by a bot? Would you be willing to accept
the same sort of contribution?

The fact that you want to search (Google or whichever) for blogs indicates
that by sister blogs, you truly mean 'sister' blogs. Unless you clarify,
nobody will be willing to help you. In fact, for such practices, people
like yourself would probably be shunned from society. I have to clean up
about 100 automated comments every morning. It's no picnic.

Roy

Andy Dingley

I'm from a non-profit organization, working for gender equality. We wish
to get a small message across to sister blogs (blogs with a common
thread, purpose)

Then publish it on your site, using a protocol such as RSS or Atom which
will allow these blogs to read your message and include it in their
content.

What you propose is spam, pure and simple.

Vinayak

Roy said:
[...]

Thanks for the comments, replies

a. I have been *manually* writing / commenting on these blogs.

b. In many cases my comments have been welcome. At least they are not
necessarily cleaned up

I agree with your view and I'm sure you feel strongly against automated
comments

Let me try to clarify

As I said I am fully against spam

I will be logged into blogger (or similar blog sites) *while*
*commenting* so that my blogger (respective site) user name is displayed.

I mentioned this specifically to say that I'll identify myself and would
NOT be some "anonymous" poster
Do they know
these are /automatically/ entered by a bot?

As I said many of these are sort of "sister blogs". I should have
clarified that the search is sort of one time facility if I have
forgotten a particular URL
Would you be willing to accept
the same sort of contribution?

YES ! provided they are following the same practices I've outlined above
(i.e.) relevant topics, limits on number of posts etc.
The fact that you want to search (Google or whichever) for blogs indicates
that by sister blogs, you truly mean 'sister' blogs.

Ok !!

Let us leave that search facility.
Unless you clarify,
nobody will be willing to help you.

thanks again for giving me a chance to clarify
In fact, for such practices, people
like yourself would probably be shunned from society.
:)

I have to clean up
about 100 automated comments every morning. It's no picnic.

Sorry to hear that your blog is targeted thus

I suppose you can turn on word verification, "no anon" blogs etc.
features to reduce spam

Thanks and regards

Vinayak