Automatic form posting

Jim Warren

Hi All,
This may be a newbee question, or it may be advanced. I'm self taught in
HTML so all I know is what I read in books.

I have a web page with a form defined on it. Is it possible to write a
second page which posts the necessary information to the first page without
manually typing it in each time? I am OK with writing CGI programs, and I'm
running an Apache2 server with PHP installed.

My goal is to relay the data returned from the form to a text pager via
email.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Travis Newbury

Jim said:
I have a web page with a form defined on it. Is it possible to write a
second page which posts the necessary information to the first page without
manually typing it in each time?

Google form mail. The text pager is just an email address.

Jim Warren

What I'm trying to do is request information from a RIM pager then return
that info to the pager. I can do that just fine, but I want to be able to
submit form information to a web page from the pager, capture the results,
format them, and return them to the pager.

Travis Newbury

Jim said:
What I'm trying to do is request information from a RIM pager then return
that info to the pager. I can do that just fine, but I want to be able to
submit form information to a web page from the pager, capture the results,
format them, and return them to the pager.

First don't top post, it makes the natives really restless.

So you want an email to fill in the form?

Jim Warren

I'm afraid I don't know what top posting is, so if I've offended anyone by
doing so it is out of ignorance, not by design. Please accept my apology.

Here is the deal.
I have a web page with a form that calls a CGI program which extracts
information from a database of airport information. it is at
www.virtual-cockpits.com/airports. I have many such pages for many
purposes.

I wrote another program (the Checker) which checks an e-mail address for any
messages containing certain keywords and when it finds them, it processes
the "request" and returns the selected information to the email address the
request came from originally. It calls its own routines to process the
data.

What I want to do is send the e-mail, and have the Checker access my web
page to get the data in raw html rather than having to write multiple
programs that each do the same thing, but work with different media. Then,
all I need to do is write code that reformats the data to send it and I can
concentrate on writing the web programs.

I hope that isn't too confusing. Maybe I can't even do it, but I thought
I'd ask.

Regards,
Jim