    Does anyone know of a utility that can be installed to produce this
    type listing. or perhaps a work around.?

    Thanks
    Aaron, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Aaron

    SeeSchloss Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > My ISP has disabled a standard feature which would display a
    > directory listing with links to the files therein when the
    > browser is directed to the URL of the directory without a file
    > name being specified..
    >
    > Does anyone know of a utility that can be installed to produce
    > this type listing. or perhaps a work around.?

    I know there is a htaccess option to enable/disable that
    but I don't remember what it is and don't have the time
    now. Maybe you can search in the Apache doc.

    --
    SeeSchlo├č - http://www.seeschloss.net
    SeeSchloss, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Aaron wrote:

    > My ISP has disabled a standard feature which would display a directory
    > listing with links to the files therein when the browser is directed
    > to the URL of the directory without a file name being specified..

    If you're using Apache and have the right permissions then create a text
    file called ".htaccess" (note the leading dot) and include this single
    line:

    Options +Indexes

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Aaron

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Toby A Inkster said...

    > If you're using Apache and have the right permissions then create a text
    > file called ".htaccess" (note the leading dot) and include this single
    > line:
    >
    > Options +Indexes

    this line is nice with the above

    IndexOptions DescriptionWidth=* NameWidth=*

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html

    --
    brucie.
    13/October/2003 04:45:54 pm
    brucie, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Aaron

    Aaron Guest

    I tried this. I do not have permisson to create the .htaccess file.

    Aaron, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Aaron wrote:

    > I tried this. I do not have permisson to create the .htaccess file.

    Well then you're going to have to make your own directory listings.

    If you have CGI/PHP access, it should be easy to knock up a script to do
    this, but if you have no .htaccess, then you probably don't have CGI or
    PHP either.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 13, 2003