Automatic login

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I'm using the Login controls in ASP.NET 3.5 (VS 2008).

I wonder - is there a way to login automatically if I'm using the login
controls? For instance, to pass the UserName and Password as the parameters
to the login page and login this way?

Thank you.

Patrice

You have also a "Remember me" feature. Some more details could help (screen
scraping ?).

You should be able to programmatically authenticate a user using for example
:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ka5ffkce(VS.80).aspx

Make sure also to consider security issues that could be caused by this
approach (such as having the user, password in your browser history !)

If this is for a very specific feature, you can also configure a directory
with different authentication settings (for example to access a web
service).

Peter Afonin

Thank you.

Yes, I'm talking about the programmatic authentication - for instance, the
feature that would allow the administrators to login into the user's
accounts without entering login and password on the main login screen, just
by passing the user credentials as parameters.

I know this is probably not very secure, but could be required some time.

Peter