    controls? For instance, to pass the UserName and Password as the parameters
    to the login page and login this way?

    Thank you.

    Peter Afonin, Dec 9, 2009

  2. Peter Afonin

    Patrice Guest

    You have also a "Remember me" feature. Some more details could help (screen
    scraping ?).

    You should be able to programmatically authenticate a user using for example
    :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ka5ffkce(VS.80).aspx

    Make sure also to consider security issues that could be caused by this
    approach (such as having the user, password in your browser history !)

    If this is for a very specific feature, you can also configure a directory
    with different authentication settings (for example to access a web
    service).

    --
    Patrice

    discussion : ...

    Patrice, Dec 9, 2009

  3. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Thank you.

    Yes, I'm talking about the programmatic authentication - for instance, the
    feature that would allow the administrators to login into the user's
    accounts without entering login and password on the main login screen, just
    by passing the user credentials as parameters.

    I know this is probably not very secure, but could be required some time.

    Peter

    Peter Afonin, Dec 9, 2009