Automatic mail-sending using JS?

Martin Mrazek

Hi,
I construct HTML including several forms. Together there are about
2.500 values to be filled by client on that page. I need to have
button there which generates e-mail from those values and sends it to
our address. Do I understand well JS is not capable to do it? What to
use instead for generating mail? ActiveX?

Martin

Dag Sunde

Martin Mrazek said:
Hi,
I construct HTML including several forms. Together there are about
2.500 values to be filled by client on that page. I need to have
button there which generates e-mail from those values and sends it to
our address. Do I understand well JS is not capable to do it? What to
use instead for generating mail? ActiveX?

Why do you want to send them as mail from the client?

Usually, you store each form's data on the server after
the user submit it, and before you show the next form.

When the user have submitted all the forms, you have all his data
stored on your server already (in a db, file, or whatever).

Now, you can either extract the data directly from storage, or
have the last submit start a serverside script to gather it up
and send it as mail from your server.

Mark Preston

Martin said:
I construct HTML including several forms. Together there are about
2.500 values to be filled by client on that page. I need to have
button there which generates e-mail from those values and sends it to
our address. Do I understand well JS is not capable to do it? What to
use instead for generating mail? ActiveX?
If you are collecting such a huge amount of data then doing it on a
single web page is fraught with problems. Split it up and store the data
on your server. When everything is done, run a server-side process to
collate the data and send it on. That means you don't need to use
Javascript at all - you would be better off with server-side Java, PHP,
Perl, Python or other options.