    our address. Do I understand well JS is not capable to do it? What to
    use instead for generating mail? ActiveX?

    Martin

    Martin Mrazek, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Martin Mrazek

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "Martin Mrazek" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I construct HTML including several forms. Together there are about
    > 2.500 values to be filled by client on that page. I need to have
    > button there which generates e-mail from those values and sends it to
    > our address. Do I understand well JS is not capable to do it? What to
    > use instead for generating mail? ActiveX?

    Why do you want to send them as mail from the client?

    Usually, you store each form's data on the server after
    the user submit it, and before you show the next form.

    When the user have submitted all the forms, you have all his data
    stored on your server already (in a db, file, or whatever).

    Now, you can either extract the data directly from storage, or
    have the last submit start a serverside script to gather it up
    and send it as mail from your server.

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Martin Mrazek

    Mark Preston Guest

    Martin Mrazek wrote:

    > I construct HTML including several forms. Together there are about
    > 2.500 values to be filled by client on that page. I need to have
    > button there which generates e-mail from those values and sends it to
    > our address. Do I understand well JS is not capable to do it? What to
    > use instead for generating mail? ActiveX?

    If you are collecting such a huge amount of data then doing it on a
    single web page is fraught with problems. Split it up and store the data
    on your server. When everything is done, run a server-side process to
    collate the data and send it on. That means you don't need to use
    Javascript at all - you would be better off with server-side Java, PHP,
    Perl, Python or other options.

    Mark Preston, Apr 28, 2004