    How do i do this ?

    I hope someone can help me

    Kindest Kenneth
    Kenneth Dideriksen, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Kenneth Dideriksen

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Kenneth Dideriksen

    Merlin Zener Guest

    Merlin Zener, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Kenneth Dideriksen

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:p>
    Merlin Zener said:

    > How do you suggest having the menu stay in one place while the
    > content part scrolls?

    position:fixed;

    --
    brucie
    28/December/2003 08:10:40 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 27, 2003
  5. brucie wrote:
    > in post <news:p>
    > Merlin Zener said:
    >
    >> How do you suggest having the menu stay in one place while the
    >> content part scrolls?

    > position:fixed;

    is a technical answer.

    reloading the mind-set, so a fixed position menu is no longer important
    produces much better results.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Kenneth Dideriksen

    Brody Guest

    In TOP, make your link like this:
    parent.main.location.href = 'location_main.html' ">Link</a>

    Brody, Dec 28, 2003
  7. Kenneth Dideriksen

    Merlin Zener Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:26:30 +0000, William Tasso wrote:

    > [...snip]
    > reloading the mind-set, so a fixed position menu is no longer important
    > produces much better results.

    really?

    but if you've got text or pics that are more than a page long, ppl will
    have to scroll back to the top to then visit other pages on your site. And
    remember that the vast majority of monitors are set in landscape, so you
    don't really have much vertical space to work with.

    Or are you suggesting that all pages should only be one page tall - at a
    fairly small resolution - say, 600x800?

    Or, perhaps repeating the menu over and over again all the way down the
    side of the page? [I *was* thinking of only having one menu across the
    top...]

    I'm interested in what's considered the "proper" way to lay out a page.

    TIA
    Merlin Zener, Dec 29, 2003
  8. Kenneth Dideriksen

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    ldomain says...
    > I'm interested in what's considered the "proper" way to lay out a page.

    That completely depends on who the page is for, and what they want to
    accomplish with the page. Without that information, there is no way
    anyone can say "this is the proper way".

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Dec 29, 2003
  9. Merlin Zener wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:26:30 +0000, William Tasso wrote:
    >> reloading the mind-set, so a fixed position menu is no longer
    >> important produces much better results.

    > really?
    >
    > but if you've got text or pics that are more than a page long, ppl
    > will have to scroll back to the top to then visit other pages on your
    > site.

    how would the page builder know what constitutes "a page long" in the
    browsing environment?

    > And remember that the vast majority of monitors are set in
    > landscape,

    are they?

    > so you don't really have much vertical space to work with.

    what effect does monitor orientation have on window shape?

    > Or are you suggesting that all pages should only be one page tall -
    > at a fairly small resolution - say, 600x800?

    While there are situations where such features are desirable, I suggest the
    WWW is not one of them.

    > Or, perhaps repeating the menu over and over again all the way down
    > the side of the page? [I *was* thinking of only having one menu
    > across the top...]
    >
    > I'm interested in what's considered the "proper" way to lay out a
    > page.

    no idea what you mean by 'proper'. each page presents its own challenges
    depending on its intended content and/or purpose.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Dec 30, 2003