Automatic refresh/reload

Shannon Yoder

Is there a way to design a web page so it will always refresh (download the
latest revision of the page from the server) whenever you try to view the
page? Sometimes when you visit a page, it will not update when you go back
to it. You have to click refresh/reload. I want to make it so a certain
page is always reloaded from the server when it is viewed. If anyone can
help me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Shannon

Leif K-Brooks

Shannon said:
Is there a way to design a web page so it will always refresh (download the
latest revision of the page from the server) whenever you try to view the
page? Sometimes when you visit a page, it will not update when you go back
to it. You have to click refresh/reload. I want to make it so a certain
page is always reloaded from the server when it is viewed. If anyone can
help me, I'd appreciate it!

You can try making your web server send cache control headers, but
there's no guarantee that the browser will honor them.

ipo

Shannon Yoder said:
Is there a way to design a web page so it will always refresh (download the
latest revision of the page from the server) whenever you try to view the
page? Sometimes when you visit a page, it will not update when you go back
to it. You have to click refresh/reload. I want to make it so a certain
page is always reloaded from the server when it is viewed. If anyone can
help me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Shannon
The only way I know of is to turn on IE's "Temporary Internet
Files/Settings/Every visit to the page"