Automatic refresh when users selects "Back" button in Internet Explorer

Leszek Taratuta

Hello,

I am using the following code to prevent users to see the previous pages:

Response.CacheControl = "no-cache";
Response.AddHeader( "Pragma", "no-cache" );
Response.Expires = -1;

When users select the "Back" button in IE, they see the message:

"Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a
security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page,
click the Refresh button."

I am wondering if there is a possibility to automatically referesh the page
so users would not need to press the "Refresh" button. The application is
for intranet so there is no a security concern.

Thanks for any hints,

Leszek Taratuta

Raterus

Not likely, this is an Browser feature (it is just listening to the fact that you are expiring the cache immediately). I don't see how any code could control this, a better option would be to discourage the use of the back button among your users, and provide a "back" functionality built into the page.

Leszek Taratuta

Thanks a lot.

I was just wondering if it would be possible because I came across the
following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q199/8/05.asp&NoWebContent=1

that says:

"This page is using 'Cache-Control: no-cache.' This page should not be
cached for any reason whatsoever. Access to the page via the Back button
should
pull the page back from the server".

Thanks,
Leszek