automatic reload

fh

hello!
I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
this code
Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");

it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
that will reload to the server
all the rest of the page has to stay static

if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?

is there any way around?

thanks

Franck

Curt_C [MVP]

fh said:
hello!
I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
this code
Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");

it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
that will reload to the server
all the rest of the page has to stay static

if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?

is there any way around?

thanks

Franck

Nope...
You will have to have an Frame/iFrame or an ActiveX component on the
client.

fh

Thank you for your response,
but it's not a control, isn it?

this is the frames that are created within a frameset?

fh

thanks for your help!
Eliyahu said:
iframe is a frame that can be used as a regular html control in any place an
the page, like a table cell or a panel. If you separate the part you want to
reload into a separate page, you can put it into an iframe and make it
reload. The rest of the page won't be affected.

Eliyahu

Curt_C [MVP]

fh said:
Thank you for your response,
but it's not a control, isn it?

this is the frames that are created within a frameset?

What s/he's getting at is that you cant do it with a control, only with
a "page".

Eliyahu Goldin