    with automatic routing support.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

    Alfonso Acosta

    Alfonso Acosta, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Alfonso  Acosta

    Clunixchit Guest

    Re: Automatic Schematic Generation (System Graph) and Viewer

    On Jul 19, 6:17 am, Alfonso Acosta <> wrote:
    > To my surprise, I havent found any tool which generates a schematic or
    > system graph given a HDL model. Does anyone know any of them?

    Try the Alliance VLSI CAD, it is free and open source.

    http://www-asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/

    One of its tools, boog can take a HDL model and generates a schematic
    which can be read with its xsch schematic viewer.

    PS: try it under a redhat or fedora based distribution or its clones.
    On a debian based distro, I had problems in installing alliance to be
    used with other commercial products.

    Chitlesh

    Clunixchit, Jul 23, 2007

  3. Alfonso  Acosta

    krw Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm developing a System Description Language (which could be used as
    > an HDL in particular) called ForSyDe: http://www.ict.kth.se/info/FOFU/ForSyDe/
    >
    > I'm planning to add a backend to my compiler wich generates a
    > graphical representation of the system.
    >
    > To my surprise, I havent found any tool which generates a schematic or
    > system graph given a HDL model. Does anyone know any of them?

    Synplify Pro does (with HDL Analyst). It also generates bubble
    charts (something you might think about doing also).

    <snip>

    --
    Keith

    krw, Jul 23, 2007
  4. Alfonso  Acosta

    Shannon Guest

    On Jul 23, 6:06 am, krw <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    > > Hi all,

    > > I'm developing a System Description Language (which could be used as
    > > an HDL in particular) called ForSyDe:http://www.ict.kth.se/info/FOFU/ForSyDe/

    > > I'm planning to add a backend to my compiler wich generates a
    > > graphical representation of the system.

    > > To my surprise, I havent found any tool which generates a schematic or
    > > system graph given a HDL model. Does anyone know any of them?

    > Synplify Pro does (with HDL Analyst). It also generates bubble
    > charts (something you might think about doing also).
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > --
    > Keith

    Quartus II also has an RTL view and state-machine bubble viewer.
    ModelSim does as well. In fact, do any of the major tools NOT have a
    schematic viewer?

    Shannon

    Shannon, Jul 23, 2007