    read from the server, even that not displayed in the grid. Is there a way
    around this?

    Thank you,
    mg, Feb 9, 2008

  2. mg

    Lars Guest

    Hi

    I was wacthing an instruction vidoe about hot to set up users. Showed the
    most but there is on ething that I'm tingking of. How can you access a
    currect users name from the page. Among the log in functions there was a
    field you could add that showed the name of the user that is loggen in. Lets
    say you don't want to show the username on every page but that you need it
    to track information from the database. Connect other specific data to that
    username. Such as address, phone and of course statistics of all kind.

    Is there a field in the user object for this.

    Lars

    Lars, Feb 9, 2008

  3. mg

    mg Guest

    Lars,
    I think you are in the wrong group?
    Take Care,
    Mike

    mg, Feb 9, 2008
  4. mg

    Lars Guest

    Isn't this nes group for the people that want to discuss the Webcontrols in
    ASP.NET.

    Isn't the WebControls the controls you add to your ASP and ASPX page?

    Maybe this question should be send to
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet instead?

    What I asked was: What control to use to access the name of the "user"
    logged into the page.

    Should I redirect the question to ASP.NET. I don't think it's neither a C#
    nor a VB question since it includes the ASP.NET framework.

    Sorry
    Lars

    Lars, Feb 10, 2008