Automatic Sequential Paging

mg

I am doing a sql select statement and using gridview I want to automatically
page through and display data in a web browser with no user intervention.
What is the best way to do this. I have read about setting up the automatic
paging controls, but I just want the pages to sequence by themselves and the
start over.

I have also read that everytime a new datagrid is displayed, all of data is
read from the server, even that not displayed in the grid. Is there a way
around this?

Thank you,

Lars

Hi

I was wacthing an instruction vidoe about hot to set up users. Showed the
most but there is on ething that I'm tingking of. How can you access a
currect users name from the page. Among the log in functions there was a
field you could add that showed the name of the user that is loggen in. Lets
say you don't want to show the username on every page but that you need it
to track information from the database. Connect other specific data to that
username. Such as address, phone and of course statistics of all kind.

Is there a field in the user object for this.

Lars

Lars

Isn't this nes group for the people that want to discuss the Webcontrols in
ASP.NET.

Isn't the WebControls the controls you add to your ASP and ASPX page?

Maybe this question should be send to
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet instead?

What I asked was: What control to use to access the name of the "user"
logged into the page.

Should I redirect the question to ASP.NET. I don't think it's neither a C#
nor a VB question since it includes the ASP.NET framework.

Sorry
Lars