Automatic Session timeout - sporadically

Guest

Hi,

I am facing a very strange problem with my web sever which had been running
fine until few days back when users started complaining that the session is
expiring automatically.

When the users are logged into the web site and actually doing some
activity, they are gettign logged out automatically. I suspect this is a
session timeout problem. I tried to restart IIS server also done a
hard-booting of the server, but the probem still remains.

This is happening sporadically and has not set duration within which the log
out is happening. Has anyone has gone through such a situation. It woud be
great if I could get any inputs from the experts.

I am using windows 2000, with IIS 5.0. Web app. is developed in ASP.net and c#

thanks
pradeep_tp

Landley

I have had a similar problem.

I had a user control with a button that dynamically created a web link with
a query string. When the button was clicked it did the postback, then did a
Response.Redirect to the generated URL. When it go this URL, the session
was no longer there!

To get around this problem, I did not generate the query string part of the
URL.

Hope this helps,

Landers

bercinn

pradeep_TP said:
[...]

I also have had this problem. But I hadn't use connection string in the
URL. But we found this link and read it. It's usefull for understanding
session state.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconsessionstate.asp
We just corrected webgarden parameter in the machine config (or
application's web.config)file. Because if you use in-process session
state mode, it isn't recommended using webgarden.Or you can use state
server mode vs...
I hope, this link usefull for you,too.
Good luck:)
bercinn