automatic site login...

Jim

I have an asp.net site and I want to provide automatic login when a user
returns to my site, similar to amazon.com.

Currently my site authenticates the user and generates a token when the user
has been validated, this token is unique per login and is valid unitl the
user logouts or their session has timed out.

How would I achieve automatic login? Do I have to store the username and
password in the cookie?

please advise....

Cheers in advance

Earth Worm Jim

-=Chris=-

I was minding my own business when Jim blurted out:
I have an asp.net site and I want to provide automatic login when a user
returns to my site, similar to amazon.com.

Currently my site authenticates the user and generates a token when the user
has been validated, this token is unique per login and is valid unitl the
user logouts or their session has timed out.

How would I achieve automatic login? Do I have to store the username and
password in the cookie?

please advise....

Cheers in advance

Earth Worm Jim

At what point is the token invalidated? Can you just persist the token and
store the token itself in a cookie?