    webapplication (max. 30 simultaneous clients). I'm using TOMCAT 4.1.

    Regards
    Bo Rasmussen

    Bo Rasmussen, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Bo Rasmussen

    Alex Potter Guest

    Bo Rasmussen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a simple way to automatically update clientviews for my
    > webapplication (max. 30 simultaneous clients). I'm using TOMCAT 4.1.
    >
    > Regards
    > Bo Rasmussen

    A 'refresh' header?
    --
    Regards
    Alex

    Alex Potter, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Bo Rasmussen

    Bo Rasmussen Guest

    Hi Alex,

    Can you control the client from the servers using such headers??? I want
    clients to be in synch with the database on the server, so I would like the
    server to send 'something' to the client to trigger an update. Can a refresh
    header be used for this purpose ?

    Regards
    Bo

    Bo Rasmussen, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Bo Rasmussen

    Peter Kirk Guest

    "Bo Rasmussen" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi Alex,
    >
    > Can you control the client from the servers using such headers??? I want
    > clients to be in synch with the database on the server, so I would like

    the
    > server to send 'something' to the client to trigger an update. Can a

    refresh
    > header be used for this purpose ?
    >
    > Regards
    > Bo

    It depends what your "client" is. If your client is a standard browser then
    a http-refresh could possibly be used - as far as I know it tells the
    browser that after a certain amount of time it should resend the request -
    and thereby be refreshed with updated data from the database (generated by
    your webapplication).

    You can't just send data from your webapplication to a browser, because the
    browser works by sending a request and expecting a response to that request.
    It does not expect an "unsolicited" transmission of data.

    If you have another kind of "client" then things may be different, because
    maybe it can handle unsolicited data and respond in a meaningful way.

    Peter

    Peter Kirk, Oct 11, 2004