Automatic update of website

mark

Hello,

I would like to write a script (ajax?) which will show the following
content:

Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 0

in the meantime the content of specified in the code links is
downloaded from the internet. The title of each link is displayed,
e.g. after a while the site should be automatically changed to:

Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 1

downloaded: google.com

and then to:

Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 2

downloaded: google.com
downloaded: yahoo.com

etc.

How is it possible to do? Any clues (ready-to-use scripts)? Thank you!

Regards, mark

Erwin Moller

mark schreef:
Hello,

I would like to write a script (ajax?) which will show the following
content:

Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 0

in the meantime the content of specified in the code links is
downloaded from the internet. The title of each link is displayed,
e.g. after a while the site should be automatically changed to:

Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 1

downloaded: google.com

and then to:

Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 2

downloaded: google.com
downloaded: yahoo.com

etc.

How is it possible to do? Any clues (ready-to-use scripts)? Thank you!

Regards, mark

Mark,

I am not sure I get it.
If I download a file I get a savefile dialog where I tell my browser
where to save the thing.
If I download 10 files, I'll probably hit 10 hyperlinks and save them.

How is it you want to automate this?
JavaScript is not able to save files without the client's approval.
Please explain what you mean more clearly.

Regards,
Erwin Moller