Automatic update of website

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by mark, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. mark

    mark Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to write a script (ajax?) which will show the following
    content:

    Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 0

    in the meantime the content of specified in the code links is
    downloaded from the internet. The title of each link is displayed,
    e.g. after a while the site should be automatically changed to:

    Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 1

    downloaded: google.com

    and then to:

    Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 2

    downloaded: google.com
    downloaded: yahoo.com

    etc.

    How is it possible to do? Any clues (ready-to-use scripts)? Thank you!

    Regards, mark

    mark, Jun 19, 2008

  2. mark

    Erwin Moller Guest

    mark schreef:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to write a script (ajax?) which will show the following
    > content:
    >
    > Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 0
    >
    > in the meantime the content of specified in the code links is
    > downloaded from the internet. The title of each link is displayed,
    > e.g. after a while the site should be automatically changed to:
    >
    > Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 1
    >
    > downloaded: google.com
    >
    > and then to:
    >
    > Links to download: 10. Already downloaded: 2
    >
    > downloaded: google.com
    > downloaded: yahoo.com
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > How is it possible to do? Any clues (ready-to-use scripts)? Thank you!
    >
    > Regards, mark

    Mark,

    I am not sure I get it.
    If I download a file I get a savefile dialog where I tell my browser
    where to save the thing.
    If I download 10 files, I'll probably hit 10 hyperlinks and save them.

    How is it you want to automate this?
    JavaScript is not able to save files without the client's approval.
    Please explain what you mean more clearly.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller, Jun 20, 2008