Automatic update web reference in WebSite project

dev

Hello,

In VS2005, we have a WebService project (WSE) and a WebSite project
(WSI) that uses WSE (we added the reference in the App_WebReferences of
the WSI project)

Is it possible to have the WebReference to WSE in the WSI project
automatically updated when the WSE changes ? If yes, how ?

Thanks
J.

S. Justin Gengo

J,

I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know if youre web
service changes in such a way that the methods being called have new
parameters or there are new methods available you'll have to manually update
the web reference in your WSI project and recompile.

If the web service is making logic changes but the parameters and output
remain the same then you won't have to do an update because all that is
stored in the WSI is how to call the webservice (what parameters and output
are expected).

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo