automatic week display

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by TGEAR, Sep 25, 2006.

  1. TGEAR

    TGEAR Guest

    I would like to increase by one week and if it reaches 5th week, month
    will be increased by one and also it will show a different text when it
    reaches every year automatically.

    For example,

    1-month: Week 1
    1-month: Week 2
    1-month: Week 3
    1-month: Week 4
    2-month: Week 1
    2-month: Week 2
    11-month:Week 4
    1 year
    12-month: Week 2
    12-month: Week 3
    23-month: Week 4
    2 year

    anyone can help me?

    TGEAR, Sep 25, 2006

  2. TGEAR

    Ian Collins Guest

    TGEAR wrote:
    > I would like to increase by one week and if it reaches 5th week, month
    > will be increased by one and also it will show a different text when it
    > reaches every year automatically.

    Why not just use the Date object?

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Sep 25, 2006

  3. JRS: In article <>,
    dated Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:40:31 remote, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, TGEAR <> posted :

    >I would like to increase by one week and if it reaches 5th week, month
    >will be increased by one and also it will show a different text when it
    >reaches every year automatically.

    American weeks, International Standard weeks, Jewish or Islamic weeks,
    or what? Local time or UTC?

    Be aware that there is a varying non-integer number of weeks per
    calendar month.

    Are you making a list of future events or only determining what to show
    today?

    It's a good idea to read the newsgroup and its FAQ. See below.

    Dr John Stockton, Sep 25, 2006