    printer that sends to a jet-direct-attached printer.

    Thanks!
    Dave
    GMane Python, Jan 19, 2005

  2. GMane Python

    Roger Upole Guest

    You can probably do it through WMI. (class is Win32_Printer)
    WMI works well with win32com, and there's also a wrapper module

    http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html

    for simplified access.
    I imagine getting all the device parameters and port
    configuration right will be messy, though.

    Roger

    Roger Upole, Jan 20, 2005

  3. GMane Python

    Alan Gauld Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:35:22 -0500, "GMane Python"
    <> wrote:

    > Anyone know if there's a module which will allow me to 'create' windows
    > printer definitions? Not from a Windows domain network, but just to add a
    > printer that sends to a jet-direct-attached printer.

    The easiest way by far is to use the Windows Script Host objects
    from winall. WSH makes creating windows resources like printers
    etc fairly easy.

    Alan g.
    Author of the Learn to Program website
    Alan Gauld, Jan 24, 2005