Automatically Close PopUp Window Containing XLS Sheet

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by crjunk, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. crjunk

    crjunk Guest

    I have a report that I am exporting to an excel spreadsheet. This
    excel file is displayed to the user in a new popup window. I am using
    the user's session ID to name the excel file.

    If the user's session ID is "ABCDEFG12345", then everytime the user
    generates an excel file, that file is named "ABCDEFG12345.xls". If a
    file with this name already exist, then the new file will write over
    the existing one.

    So far this all works fine except for one thing.

    If the user does not close the popup window that is displaying the
    excel file and then tries to generate another excel file, they will
    receive the following message, "A Document witht the name
    'ABCDEFG12345.xls' is already open. You cannot open two documents
    with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.
    To open the second document, either close the document that's
    currectly open or rename one of the documents."

    Is there a way to automatically close this popup window that is
    created if the user decided to generate another excel file?
    crjunk, Jul 8, 2003

  2. crjunk

    Saravana Guest

    Check out this article, here i am closing popup window programatically. I
    hope this helps you
    http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/articles/PopupCalendarinASP.aspx

    --
    Saravana