Automatically connect to another website with Basic Authentication?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ohaya, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. ohaya

    ohaya Guest

    Hi,

    I've been researching this, and I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do is
    possible, but I thought that I'd ask:

    I have two webservers/websites.

    The first webserver/website is running Win2K/IIS5, and I want it to act
    as a kind of "portal" to the other webserver/website.

    The 2nd webserver/website has Basic Authentication enabled. Right now,
    it's also Win2K/IIS5, but could be something else later.

    The 1st webserver/website has access to users' username/password
    information, and what I'd like to do is basically to forward or proxy
    the connections coming into the 1st webserver/website to the 2nd
    webserver/website, and somehow automatically process the Basic
    Authentication login to the 2nd webserver/website.

    Ideally, once the login is complete, the 1st website would "step out of
    the way".

    I've tried a number of things, including including the username/password
    in the URL of a Response.Redirect, but that hasn't worked. It does
    redirect to the 2nd website/webserver, but I'm still getting the login
    popup from the 2nd website/webserver.

    Can anyone tell me if there is any way to do this with IIS?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    ohaya, Mar 16, 2005