Automatically creating a Word Doc from a template using fields from a webform

nuve

Hi
Please help.. What I want to do is to create a web form
that once submitted it takes the fields and opens a new
instance of a Word Template and populates bookmarks within
the document with the fields from the web form, then saves
it to a specified location with a specified name...
does anyone know of an article or tutorial about this....

cheers
nuve

Alan

This has been brought up many times before, a search will provide many
useful pointers. You shouldn't get your heart set on a Word document -
automating Word on a web server is not a recommended practice. Depending on
the complexity of your document and your budget/time constraints you can
look at dynamically populating an RTF template on the server, they're ASCII
and therefore all you need is to open the file as a TS and populate
pre-inserted placeholders, or you could use a third-party component to
render PDFs on the server, or you could use Adobe's FDF format to populate a
PDF template with content. The last option is quite restrictive.

Regards,

Alan