automatically insert versioning tag

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roland, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Roland

    Roland Guest

    Hi,

    perhaps you have already read such a guidline rule:

    All .java files should have a @version tag like the one below.

    @version $Id: coding_conventions.xml,v 1.4 2003/07/13 10:05:51
    vmassol Exp $

    I like this rule and all our project files should start like this
    example.
    /*
    * $Id: Label.java,v 1.2 2001/07/30 20:29:20 tore Exp $
    *
    * comment and comment and...
    */

    How can I add such information out of the CVS automatically into my
    java source files?

    Thanks in advance for any hint!

    Bye,
    Roland.

    Roland, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Roland

    Marek Lange Guest

    Roland wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > perhaps you have already read such a guidline rule:
    >
    > All .java files should have a @version tag like the one below.
    >
    > @version $Id: coding_conventions.xml,v 1.4 2003/07/13 10:05:51
    > vmassol Exp $
    >

    > I like this rule and all our project files should start like this
    > example.
    > /*
    > * $Id: Label.java,v 1.2 2001/07/30 20:29:20 tore Exp $
    > *
    > * comment and comment and...
    > */
    >
    > How can I add such information out of the CVS automatically into my
    > java source files?

    If you commit the source file to CVS this should be done automatically.
    It depends on the keyword substitution mode:

    http://www-es.fernuni-hagen.de/cgi-bin/info2html?(cvs)Substitution modes

    -marek

    Marek Lange, Aug 21, 2003