automatically insert versioning tag

Roland

Hi,

perhaps you have already read such a guidline rule:

All .java files should have a @version tag like the one below.

@version $Id: coding_conventions.xml,v 1.4 2003/07/13 10:05:51
vmassol Exp $

I like this rule and all our project files should start like this
example.
/*
* $Id: Label.java,v 1.2 2001/07/30 20:29:20 tore Exp $
*
* comment and comment and...
*/

How can I add such information out of the CVS automatically into my
java source files?

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Bye,
Roland.

Marek Lange

Roland said:
Hi,

perhaps you have already read such a guidline rule:

All .java files should have a @version tag like the one below.

@version $Id: coding_conventions.xml,v 1.4 2003/07/13 10:05:51
vmassol Exp $

I like this rule and all our project files should start like this
example.
/*
* $Id: Label.java,v 1.2 2001/07/30 20:29:20 tore Exp $
*
* comment and comment and...
*/

How can I add such information out of the CVS automatically into my
java source files?

If you commit the source file to CVS this should be done automatically.
It depends on the keyword substitution mode:

http://www-es.fernuni-hagen.de/cgi-bin/info2html?(cvs)Substitution modes

-marek