Automatically save images from image URLs

Simon Wigzell

I have inherited a database driven website that comes with a table of image
links. The images are scattered all of the internet and there are thousands
of them. I would like to write an asp script to just run through the table
and download every link by it's URL. I thought I had id by faking a form
with the "File" element and loading it with all the URLs. Would have worked
except you cannot preload the "File" element. As I understand it, with the
"File" element you aren't actually loading the file name into it but the
actual file.

Anyway, seems to me this should be possible.

Thanks for any help/

Evertjan.

Simon Wigzell wrote on 11 dec 2007 in
I have inherited a database driven website that comes with a table of
image links. The images are scattered all of the internet and there
are thousands of them. I would like to write an asp script to just run
through the table and download every link by it's URL. I thought I had
id by faking a form with the "File" element and loading it with all
the URLs. Would have worked except you cannot preload the "File"
element. As I understand it, with the "File" element you aren't
actually loading the file name into it but the actual file.

You could this clientside,
and have the server only give the client a list img addresses.