automatically scroll to bottom of textarea

jason

Hello.

I've written this web application in asp.net and have a textarea what
I will use like a chat box. The box will be frequently refreshing. I
need the textarea to *automatically* scroll to the bottom or start at
the bottom displaying the last message sent. I am being told there is
no way to do this in asp.net and that I will have to do it in
javascript. Does anybody have any sample code on how to do this?

Many thanks for any help or information.