    exception is java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
    (java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve)]

    How can I circumvent this?
    Jean-Francois Theoret, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Jean-Francois Theoret

    iksrazal Guest

    (Jean-Francois Theoret) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I would like to instantiate an OpenJMS server if one doesn't exist on
    > the local host - I am trapping javax.naming.CommunicationException
    > when I am trying to get the InitialContext, and I managed to start &
    > initialize the server:
    >
    > server = new JmsServer(config);
    > server.init();
    >
    > However, I get all sorts of security exception
    > javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: access denied
    > (java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve) [Root
    > exception is java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
    > (java.net.SocketPermission <my IP>:11851 connect,resolve)]
    >
    > How can I circumvent this?

    There are two things here that can both be solved by the Java Service
    Wrapper project.

    1) Start the openjms server automatically on boot via a daemon .
    2) Have openjms act like a daemon and restart if it dies unexpectedly
    ..

    http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/introduction.html

    There is a config file for the wrapper in cvs for openjms -

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs..../openjms/src/etc/openjms-wrapper.conf?rev=1.2

    HTH

    Outsource to an American programmer living in brazil!
    http://www.braziloutsource.com/
    iksrazal
    iksrazal, Jun 2, 2004