Automating a task

Tom

I have an ASP application which includes an asp page which
processes a user submitted file. I would like to
automate the process so the server scans the directory
every 5 minutes and processes any files in the directory.
I would like to 'reuse' the existing logic in the asp
page. How can I create a server process to do this?
The closest I can figure out is to hook the logic into a
application/session start logic in global.asa where it
would run everytime a new session was started, but I would
like it to run like a cron job every 5 minutes.

Background:
I now have a vb application which is submitting the files
and have no way to kick off the server processing logic.
I am using asp 3.0 and am trying to avoid creating a
webservice. I want to use the existing asp page since it
is using 3rd party proprietary com objects.

TIA