Automating Image/Button Creation

Smithers

I have been manually creating navigation/menu buttons (.gif files) using
Fireworks. The buttons typically have some text in them. There are typically
three versions of each button - one for default, one for hover, and one for
selected.

For any given Web site, I have been copying various "button sets" and then
manually changing the text in each button. I would like to have some utility
that automates this work.

What I want to do is programmatically change the text in each button. Can
ASP.NET or C# or .NET somehow be used to automatically create button images
that have text in them? Ideally I'd like to point this utility to a folder
that has some GIF button templates (e.g., one for default, hover, and
selected), and then programmatically insert the button's text.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Smithers

Regarding all of the solutions in the articles you recommend: Do they all
use CSS?
I have to ask because I'm not a sub scriber to ASP.NEt Pro and can't see the
articles in their site.

I'm really looking for a way to do this without css. The situation is that
I'm already creating and styling navigation "buttons" with CSS (and I've
automated this as well)... but I wanted to add the capability to do it with
graphics (e.g., gif files) as well.

Thanks.