    selected), and then programmatically insert the button's text.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Smithers, May 16, 2005

  2. You can use style filters to create cool buttons dynamically.

    Here's more info:
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/2005/06/asp200506so_f/asp200506so_f.asp
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/2005/05/asp200505so_f/asp200505so_f.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/dhtml/dhtml_css.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/filter/reference/reference.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 16, 2005

  3. Smithers

    Smithers Guest

    Regarding all of the solutions in the articles you recommend: Do they all
    use CSS?
    I have to ask because I'm not a sub scriber to ASP.NEt Pro and can't see the
    articles in their site.

    I'm really looking for a way to do this without css. The situation is that
    I'm already creating and styling navigation "buttons" with CSS (and I've
    automated this as well)... but I wanted to add the capability to do it with
    graphics (e.g., gif files) as well.

    Thanks.

    Smithers, May 16, 2005
  4. Yes, all those examples use CSS filters.
    But here are some free alternatives that don't require filters:
    http://SteveOrr.net/freecontrols/buttonsimages.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP