Automation design question

Angus

Hi All

We are building in automation to a program. We want to make a copy of
functions called and their parameters so we can replay at some future
time.

The program uses a library of functions. My idea is to have a sort of
buffer class which essentially makes a copy of the function called and
the parameter for later playback. I am thinking I would re-write the
code to call the actual library function with a call to the buffer
class functions.

The library functions are C functions. And they are called from from
two different class objects in our program. So should I create the
buffer class as a singleton class?

Another question is about timing the playback of the function calls.
We want the user to for example be able to press a function key to
insert a delay between calls. So I thought in the buffer class an
optional parameter could specify a delay before next function called.
But my boss was suggested a delay object. ie building a delay class.
But how would that work? Why is that better than just specifying a
time delay?

Any hwelp would be most appreciated.

Angus