automation of web form queries

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ian Morton, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Ian Morton

    Ian Morton Guest

    Hi, I'm brand new to Perl so please forgive me if this question appears
    simple (also I have tried to subscribe to the beginners news server 5
    times so I apologise if this is the wrong place for this question).

    I have written a Perl programme that strips data from a file,
    this data is then placed into the correct boxes on a organisations web
    form (by the user currently) and then the form submitted, the returned
    result is then used for a further programme to parse (once again cut and
    pasted by the user).

    Could you tell me what howto's to read or where to go for examples that
    allow you to automatically insert data into a url and submitt the form
    (without user intervention).

    Then retrieve the result for another programme to use.

    any help would be great.

    thanks Ian.
    Ian Morton, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Ian Morton <> wrote:

    > Hi, I'm brand new to Perl so please forgive me if this question appears
    > simple

    Your Question is Asked Frequently.

    > Could you tell me what howto's to read or where to go for examples that
    > allow you to automatically insert data into a url and submitt the form

    ^^^^
    ^^^^
    perldoc -q form

    How do I automate an HTML form submission?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Aug 21, 2003