    but i am finding error that
    automation server cant create object

    any help
    sonu, Sep 12, 2005

  2. sonu

    Erwin Moller Guest

    sonu wrote:

    > I am tring to create activexobject like var
    > Fo =new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
    >
    > but i am finding error that
    > automation server cant create object
    >
    > any help

    Hi,

    Standard recipe to solve problems:

    1) google for: ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    2) follow first link
    3) read:

    ************************************
    To program with the FileSystemObject (FSO) object model:

    * Use the CreateObject method to create a FileSystemObject object.
    * Use the appropriate method on the newly created object.
    * Access the object's properties.

    The FSO object model is contained in the Scripting type library, which is
    located in the Scrrun.dll file. Therefore, you must have Scrrun.dll in the
    appropriate system directory on your Web server to use the FSO object
    model.
    ************************************

    So it looks like you miss Scrrun.dll

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Sep 13, 2005

  3. sonu wrote:

    > I am tring to create activexobject like var
    > Fo =new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
    >
    > but i am finding error that
    > automation server cant create object

    Is that script inside of IE? Depending on the security settings IE
    indeed does not allow script to create such objects as script access to
    the local file system is a potential security problem.
    Consider writing an HTA (HTML application) with that script as then you
    can create such objects without the restrictions a browser imposes.
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/hta_node_entry.asp>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/