automation server cant create object

sonu

I am tring to create activexobject like var
Fo =new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

but i am finding error that
automation server cant create object

any help

Erwin Moller

sonu said:
I am tring to create activexobject like var
Fo =new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

but i am finding error that
automation server cant create object

any help

Hi,

Standard recipe to solve problems:

1) google for: ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
2) follow first link
3) read:

************************************
To program with the FileSystemObject (FSO) object model:

* Use the CreateObject method to create a FileSystemObject object.
* Use the appropriate method on the newly created object.
* Access the object's properties.

The FSO object model is contained in the Scripting type library, which is
located in the Scrrun.dll file. Therefore, you must have Scrrun.dll in the
appropriate system directory on your Web server to use the FSO object
model.
************************************

So it looks like you miss Scrrun.dll

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Martin Honnen

sonu said:
I am tring to create activexobject like var
Fo =new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

but i am finding error that
automation server cant create object

Is that script inside of IE? Depending on the security settings IE
indeed does not allow script to create such objects as script access to
the local file system is a potential security problem.
Consider writing an HTA (HTML application) with that script as then you
can create such objects without the restrictions a browser imposes.
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/hta_node_entry.asp>