AutoPostBack

abcd

I am using Web Server controls on my page. I want to dispalay error message
prompts and other dynamically font and color changes depending upon the user
selection. I have set AutoPostBack = true for all controls like text, radio,
dropDoenlist. So when ever the control is touched it fires an AutoPostBack
and the page is submitted. Somehow this frequent trips to server is the
cause for slowness of my application. What are the best methods to include
Web server controls and client side scripts...so that validations can be
done without making trip to server

thanks

MrMike

You haven't specified what types of errors you are looking for, but the
following controls (available in the ASP.NET Webform Toolbox), will perform
client-side validation without posting back.

- RequiredFieldValidator
- CompareValidator
- RangeValidator
- RegularExpressionValidator
- CustomValidator

abcd

I have a simple form in ASP which has text boxes and update button. In ASP I
can ember JavaScript code and check the values using document object model
and if that doesnt match then I can stop it from submitting and set the
focus to the incorrect text box...

I am re-engineering the asp form using Web form asp.net , web server
controls....all my code runs at server side ...I was wondering what the what
are the best methods to diplay the validation information and set the focus
to the incorrect control ......

thanks