    Web server controls and client side scripts...so that validations can be
    done without making trip to server

    thanks

    abcd, May 20, 2005

  2. abcd

    MrMike Guest

    You haven't specified what types of errors you are looking for, but the
    following controls (available in the ASP.NET Webform Toolbox), will perform
    client-side validation without posting back.

    - RequiredFieldValidator
    - CompareValidator
    - RangeValidator
    - RegularExpressionValidator
    - CustomValidator

    MrMike, May 20, 2005

  3. abcd

    abcd Guest

    I have a simple form in ASP which has text boxes and update button. In ASP I
    can ember JavaScript code and check the values using document object model
    and if that doesnt match then I can stop it from submitting and set the
    focus to the incorrect text box...

    I am re-engineering the asp form using Web form asp.net , web server
    controls....all my code runs at server side ...I was wondering what the what
    are the best methods to diplay the validation information and set the focus
    to the incorrect control ......

    thanks

    abcd, May 20, 2005