    correct?

    Thanks,

    JJ

    =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=, Dec 9, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=

    Kumar Reddi Guest

    It depends on the control type. Lets say for a dropdown list, it postbacks
    on "onChange" clientside event, for a radiobutton, it postbacks on "onClick"
    client side events. So, basically you need to check the event on which they
    have the following client script added. These control which have this
    autopostback property set to true, execute the following javascript code to
    do postback.

    "__doPostBack('ctrlID','')"

    lets say for a texhbox, it looks as follows

    <input name="TextBox1" type="text" onchange="__doPostBack('TextBox1','')"
    language="javascript" id="TextBox1" />

    So, for a textbox , onchange event causes postback

    HTH

    --
    Kumar Reddi
    http://kumarreddi.blogspot.com

    "JJ" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > If a control has autopostback set to true does that mean when the

    control
    > losses focus then the page will postback again? A submit button will do

    the
    > same thing as a control, lets say for interest sake a datalist control

    with
    > autopostback set to true, both of these controls are causing a page

    postback

    Kumar Reddi, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Hi Kumar,

    In my web page would it be better to do a postback when a particular
    section in my form is done or should I do just one postback after the whole
    form is done that includes a datagrid? Or should I have the datagrid do an
    autopostback after something has been changed for the Datagrid? I am trying
    to get a feel for when postbacks should be done so as to minimize postbacks
    for performance reasons.

    Thanks,

    JJ

    =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=, Dec 9, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=

    Kumar Reddi Guest

    Hmm it depends on your needs. Would it make sense to cause one big postback,
    that might be slower than 10 small postbacks, which might be irritating. So
    its your preference. but the normal usage is to do one single postback

    Kumar Reddi, Dec 9, 2004