    I saw a page for getting a SSL-certificate. You get the page with the script
    for the telephone confirmation. The company then give me a phone call. After
    I've finished the phone the page is automatically refreshed.

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=, Sep 18, 2005

  2. May be they refresh the page or a frame on the page periodically with

    Eliyahu

    "Edward" <> wrote in message
    > How can I automatically send another page to the users webbrowser

    (preferable
    > in c#)? So, somebody is looking at a webpage and after some processing at

    the

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 18, 2005

  3. With this method you see the page doing a refresh after the specified number
    of seconds. When I was on the page, I didn't see this effect, only the page
    changed after the phone conversation.

    I was thinking: Is it possible to create a thread, let the page finish
    processing so that the user gets it's screen. The created Thread does his
    processing and writes it's output to the request which has started him?

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=, Sep 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

    Guest

    Another method that would work is to keep a hidden iframe/ajax to
    execute the server code periodically and refresh the main page when
    ready.

    , Sep 19, 2005
  5. Can you please tell me how?

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=, Sep 21, 2005
  6. it may require a little bit of reading to get started on ajax if you havnt
    done any yet

    please see if this could help...

    http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/csharpsample/default.aspx

    Also checkout section "Is it possible to wait for events?"

    In the example shown in the page "There is no timer at the client's
    javascript. In 10 seconds the request will response and call the client
    callback function which will show a alert box."

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Thanks for the url. Looks interesting. I will start reading it completely.

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=, Sep 29, 2005