  1. I have a dropdownlist/select box with an autopostback to code behind.
    It works great in Internet Explorer, but doesn't work in Netscape and Firefox.
    What kind of support does ASP.net promise for Netscape and Firefox?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Arne wrote:
    > I have a dropdownlist/select box with an autopostback to code behind.
    > It works great in Internet Explorer, but doesn't work in Netscape and Firefox.
    > What kind of support does ASP.net promise for Netscape and Firefox?

    ASP.NET emits standards-compliant HTML (although it's validators don't
    emit standard-compliant JavaScript... grrr....)

    Anywho, I've used AutoPostBack DropDownLists just fine with FireFox.
    Are you sure you don't have JavaScript disabled in these browsers?

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Nov 18, 2004

  3. ASP.net emits Standard HTML most of the time and incorrect javascript at this
    time
    The lines
    theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
    theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
    in
    function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
    doesn't execute at all in firefox and Netscape 7.2.

    I have also send ASP.net sending the setting the Selected attribute in a
    dropdown list to Selected="Selected" which is incorrect HTML.

    Arne.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=, Nov 18, 2004
  4. I assure you I have had pages with AutoPostBack DDLs work just fine in
    FireFox. Scout's honor.

    Using FireFox's JavaScript Inspector, are you seeing specific JavaScript
    errors on those lines? What's the error message?

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Nov 18, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=

    Aaron Edwards

    Joined:
    May 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    This is way after the fact, but I just found this on Google. I was having the same problem in FireFox. Turns out I had some invalid JavaScript somewhere else on the page, and this made FireFox not execute any JavaScript on the page (even in response to an event). Hence, no DDL AutoPostBacks.

    In my case, I was doing a document.getElementById("xxx"), and xxx was an invalid path to a control inside a UserControl, on a page in a MasterPage. Invalid, because I had made a typo.

    Aaron

    Aaron Edwards, May 28, 2007