    Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks,

    - J

    Jay, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Jay

    Kirk Graves Guest

    I can think of 2 options.

    1) just use mail merge in Word. you can automate Word on the server to pull
    the data from SQL Server, then return the word document to the client.
    2) create a pdf document on the fly. there are a number of tools out there
    today that will allow you to create and modify PDF documents programaticly.

    the second option will likely be the better one, since PDF is more
    univerisal and because PDF is all about print layout, so you know it will
    print the way you want it to. However, it is also the option that will
    likely cost the most.

    take a look at TallPDF. they are not the only ones that do this, but they
    are the ones I keep getting email from, so I happen to remember their name.

    Kirk

    "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > (also posted in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
    >
    > Sorry for the multi-post, after posting to the first group someone

    suggested

    Kirk Graves, Mar 4, 2004