AVL trees

Paul Emmons

Does anyone know of an example package of C code for this data
structure available for download?

I have several books that discuss AVL trees as algorithms, possibly
with Pascal code, and could probably write my own C code with a day or
two of concentration. However, if something is off-the-shelf out
there that could merely be adapted for the data they are to contain in
a given application, I think I'd rather save myself the trouble.

It took me almost a day to get ordinary binary trees working. Of
course, the trickiest part is deleting a node. Other than that, it
was fairly easy.

Mike Wahler

Paul Emmons said:
Does anyone know of an example package of C code for this data
structure available for download?

I have several books that discuss AVL trees as algorithms, possibly
with Pascal code, and could probably write my own C code with a day or
two of concentration. However, if something is off-the-shelf out
there that could merely be adapted for the data they are to contain in
a given application, I think I'd rather save myself the trouble.

It took me almost a day to get ordinary binary trees working. Of
course, the trickiest part is deleting a node. Other than that, it
was fairly easy.

From one of the regulars here:

http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/avl/

-Mike