Avoid coping homepage ??

Erwin Moller

sasha_lui said:
Hi al,

What should i do so people cant copy or save my homepage.

Regards Sasha

No,

the data is asked by a client.
The data is send by the webserver.

That is the webservers job: sending data somebody requests.

Just curious: Why did you ask?
If it is copyrighted, send a shark to the copiers. :p

Regards,
Erwin Moller

kaeli

Hi al,

What should i do so people cant copy or save my homepage.

You can only make it a pain in the ass to copy. Anyone with enough time
on their hands can copy it if they really want it. All they have to do
is view the source.

The best way to make it a real pain in the ass to copy (sections) is to
make it Flash or an applet. However, this tends to piss off a lot of
people on dialup or who don't have the proper plugins. So, caveat
emptor. It won't keep people from just stealing the whole darn thing,
though. And both CAN be reverse engineered if someone really, really
wants to.

The only way to ensure no one will copy your stuff is to never post it
at all.