Avoid loading a particular frame in a frameset

kravikiran

Hi

I have 2 frames in a main frameset. frame1 (top) ,frame2 (bottom)

In top frame (frame1) i have my text box where i enter my search
string. Also I am calling onLoad in
like,

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function loadXML()
{
//load the xml data in a DOM object.
}
</script>
</head>

Now based on the data and the string available in frame1, i will
display my search results in bottom frame (frame2).

What I want is, once I load the whole frameset for the first time,
even when I "refresh/reload" the main frameset html page, the frame1
should not be refreshed or atleast the xml data should not be loaded
again (as the size of the xml data is 8MB and will never change). So
how to achieve this?

Thanks
Ravikiran

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I have 2 frames in a main frameset. frame1 (top) ,frame2 (bottom)

In top frame (frame1) i have my text box where i enter my search
string. Also I am calling onLoad in
What I want is, once I load the whole frameset for the first time,
even when I "refresh/reload" the main frameset html page, the frame1
should not be refreshed or atleast the xml data should not be loaded
again (as the size of the xml data is 8MB and will never change).

why wouldn't you load a "normal" html (xhtml) page in your datas-frame ?
the "DOM object" will be there (in hidden if you like)
with a little luck it will be in cache on next refresh ?

you can also use an external JS file if you prefer

OmegaJunior

[...]

Why on earth would you want to push 8MB of data to the user? I do hope
they aren't on dial-up!