Avoid opening multiple browsers

Guest

My application sends out alerts with multiple hyperlinks in it.
Each time user clicks on a link, it opens up a new window in case of yahoo,
hotmail email clients. In case of lotus notes email client, same browser is
used even if user had opened additional browsers after that.

Can I have some thing in my application that can control this behaviour? If
not then what do I need to do for yahoo, hotmail customers.

Jeff Evans

helpSeekar said:
My application sends out alerts with multiple hyperlinks in it.
Each time user clicks on a link, it opens up a new window in case of
yahoo, hotmail email clients. In case of lotus notes email client, same
browser is used even if user had opened additional browsers after that.
Can I have some thing in my application that can control this behaviour?
If not then what do I need to do for yahoo, hotmail customers.

How a mail reader/OS combination decides to open a clicked link in an e-mail
is not something you have any control over.

Jeff Evans

helpSeekar said:
My application sends out alerts with multiple hyperlinks in it.
Each time user clicks on a link, it opens up a new window in case of
yahoo, hotmail email clients. In case of lotus notes email client, same
browser is used even if user had opened additional browsers after that.
Can I have some thing in my application that can control this behaviour?
If not then what do I need to do for yahoo, hotmail customers.

Actually, if your mail clients are web based, you should be able to pick a
single named target attribute for your links to at least ensure they all
open in the same window (target="myWindow"). This still won't let you open
them in the current window, but it gives you a bit of control.