Avoid screen saver activation

Card.Starzinger

Hi!

I need help to simulate programmatically user interaction on WinNT 4.0, to
avoid screen saver activation.

I try with key injection event.

SendInput API and keybd_event API work correctly with Win2000 and WinXP
system. Screen saver don't start.

Under WinNT 4.0 these API, inject key event correctly at active application
(ex. notepad) but system screen saver start !!!! :(

I can use another windows API to avoid screen saver and simulate a user
interaction ? I can use dos-bios interrupt for inject key avent under
WINNT4.0 ? I can use a WINNT API to call bios interrupt routine?

Thanks for your help!!!

Peter Koch Larsen

Card.Starzinger said:
Hi!

I need help to simulate programmatically user interaction on WinNT 4.0, to
avoid screen saver activation.

I try with key injection event.

SendInput API and keybd_event API work correctly with Win2000 and WinXP
system. Screen saver don't start.

Under WinNT 4.0 these API, inject key event correctly at active
application
(ex. notepad) but system screen saver start !!!! :(

I can use another windows API to avoid screen saver and simulate a user
interaction ? I can use dos-bios interrupt for inject key avent under
WINNT4.0 ? I can use a WINNT API to call bios interrupt routine?

Thanks for your help!!!
Off-topic. try e.g. comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

/Peter

Rolf Magnus

Card.Starzinger said:
Hi!

I need help to simulate programmatically user interaction on WinNT 4.0, to
avoid screen saver activation.

Wouldn't it be simpler to temporarily switch the screen saver off?