    its contents within my frames?

    Thanks in advance,
    Christian Koehler

    Christian Koehler, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Christian Koehler pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
    > I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
    > that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
    > frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
    > all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

    You may have come across one of my websites, then.

    I do not wish to be in *your* frame. Visitors may think it is *your* page.
    Why do you want to hijack someone else's work?

    > Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
    > its contents within my frames?

    I certainly hope not.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Christian Koehler

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Christian Koehler wrote:
    > Hello,

    G'day.

    > I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
    > I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the
    > intention that the external website will open within my frame while
    > keeping my other frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to
    > has a script to eliminate all frames (so that the website is
    > displayed as _top).
    >
    > Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to
    > keep its contents within my frames?

    1. Don't use frames.
    2. You might want to read up on the relevant copyright laws.
    3. Don't use frames.

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Christian Koehler

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:43:44 +0200, "Christian Koehler"
    <> wrote:

    : Hello,
    :
    : I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
    : I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
    : that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
    : frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
    : all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
    :
    : Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
    : its contents within my frames?

    I am so glad they have that script. You're illegal!

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Christian Koehler

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <bk83mr$tku$05$-online.com>,
    says...
    > I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
    > I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
    > that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
    > frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
    > all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

    It is their site. They may not want to be in a frame.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Sep 17, 2003
  6. "Christian Koehler" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
    > I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
    > that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
    > frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to

    eliminate
    > all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
    >
    > Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
    > its contents within my frames?

    Why? You think your visitors don't have "Back" buttons?

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

    EightNineThree, Sep 17, 2003
  7. Christian Koehler

    rf Guest

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    > > I do not wish to be in *your* frame. Visitors may think it is *your*

    page.
    > > Why do you want to hijack someone else's work?

    > Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create

    > starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two

    different
    > websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de)

    at
    > once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de

    has
    > such a script preventing me from doing that.

    Open two different browser windows and position them accordingly on your
    screen. You could do this with a few mouse clicks or, since this is for you
    own personal use, some javascript.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 17, 2003
  8. OH! Lord, the only thing I hate worse than frames is microsoft!!
    marginal, verry marginal.... kill all frames!!!

    Glenn Mcclary, Sep 17, 2003
  9. Christian Koehler

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:13:24 +0200, "Christian Koehler"
    <> wrote:

    >Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
    >starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
    >websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
    >once so I can read the headlines side by side.

    see if you can get the content you want by RSS

    (and it plays hell with copyright, but you could scrape the content
    and re-display it, possibly by turning it into RSS on the way)

    Andy Dingley, Sep 17, 2003
  10. Christian Koehler

    Headless Guest

    Christian Koehler wrote:

    >Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
    >starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
    >websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
    >once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de has
    >such a script preventing me from doing that.

    You could use a filtering proxy like Proxomitron to filter out that
    particular bit of js for that domain.

    Headless

    --
    Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm

    Headless, Sep 17, 2003
  11. Christian Koehler

    JT Guest

    "Christian Koehler" wrote:

    > I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
    > I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
    > that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
    > frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to

    eliminate
    > all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
    >
    > Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
    > its contents within my frames?

    Christian - can you post the external website URL for us to have a go at it.

    JT, Sep 17, 2003
  12. Christian Koehler

    John C Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:13:24 +0200 Christian Koehler posted:

    > Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
    > starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
    > websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
    > once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de has
    > such a script preventing me from doing that.

    Turn off javascript in your browser?

    --
    John C

    John C, Sep 18, 2003