    Can any one suggest me some approach to do the same.

    Thanks
    Maneesh

    Maneesh, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Maneesh

    Real Gagnon Guest

    Real Gagnon, Aug 2, 2005

  3. On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:40:09 GMT, Real Gagnon wrote:

    >> I have a java application and I want to make sure that there gets just
    >> one instance executed (on the same machine).
    >> Can any one suggest me some approach to do the same.

    > See http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0288.html

    Good approach, the socket. While I have your attention,
    do you have any ideas that might suit an unsigned applet?

    I have been wracking my brain, but nothing I can think of
    might work for applets that are not (necessarily) running
    under the same VM/AppletContext.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Too Hot For Radio

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Hi Andrew,

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >>>I have a java application and I want to make sure that there gets just
    >>>one instance executed (on the same machine).
    >>>Can any one suggest me some approach to do the same.

    >>See http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0288.html

    > Good approach, the socket. While I have your attention,
    > do you have any ideas that might suit an unsigned applet?
    >
    > I have been wracking my brain, but nothing I can think of
    > might work for applets that are not (necessarily) running
    > under the same VM/AppletContext.

    That's exactly, what Applets are designed to: to run in a sandbox and be
    unaware of everything outside the sandbox - of course even of an other
    Applet that runs in another Sandbox (or, by the way, even of the
    existance of another sandbox on the same computer).

    The Applet has to be signed.

    By the way, I think, webstart is in almost any case a better solution
    than an applet.

    Ciao,
    Ingo

    Ingo R. Homann, Aug 2, 2005
  5. On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:31:34 +0200, Ingo R. Homann wrote:

    > By the way, I think, webstart is in almost any case a better solution
    > than an applet.

    You can use Webstart for applets.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Disclaimer: Any Resemblance To Actual Robots Would Be Really Cool

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 2, 2005