Avoiding the automatic creation of a user in the CreateUserWizard

Guest

I am trying, as I can see many are, to avoid the CreateUserWizard's
CreateUser step from creating the user until I am ready to do it. I have a
rather complex registration because I have various different types of
registration, one for organizations (in which they provide alot of profile
data on their organization) and individuals. I would like to share the
CreateUser page of the CreateUserWizard but not allow it to create the actual
user. I tried handling the CreatingUser event and set its
LoginCancelEventArgs.Cancel property to true. That seemed to work but I
cannot get it to move to the next page in the wizard. I have code in the
NextButtonClicked event that does fire after the CreatingUser event fires
that does a CreateUserWizard.ActiveStepIndex = (my next wizard step). This
code goes through but at runtime, the wizard never leaves the CreatingUser
page and go onto my profile pages. I dont want to have to display it last
cause that is tacky. Any ideas?

stiven

I came across your question as I was having what appears to be the exac
same problem and I see you raised this question some time ago bu
thought it may still be of some value to you.

This is what I fixed it for me.

When you set e.Cancel = True in the CreatingUser event the value o
cancel is still set to true in the NextButtonClick event so I had t
add e.Cancel = False in this event and I am now able to get to step 2.

Can't tell you why though :confused:

Hope this helps