Avoiding "use of cast expressions in lvalues is deprecated"

Mark McIntyre

But perfect programs don't need an improved typechecking system. It already
works, so we should leave it alone.

Nor do they need to be made Y2K compliant, or deal with the 2038
epoch, or with long filenames, or with supersize files or with
changing inputs...

hmm. There's a flaw here somewhere...
Yes, quite true. The "reward" I spoke of was in relation to the code
rewritten in the process (under the assumption that it's perfect, of
course), not the developers doing the rewriting...

I wasn't aware code had emotions, let alone felt rewarded by being
perfect!
I should have been less ambiguous.

er...
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Mark McIntyre

The proposal I published in comp.std.c was to make an
Appendix to the standard where obsolescent features would be
described, that are no longer part of the official standard.

Then you have frequently misrepresented yourself and your request in
CLC. I'm unsurprised.
You are just misrepresenting my proposal, and then... YOU accuse
me of "double standards"!!!

No, I'm reporting what I have observed you have claimed to want to do.

You can hardly blame CLC regulars if you surround your actual point
with so much noise and fury that whats left seems to signify nothing.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan