-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:p[email protected]] Im Auftrag von
Thomas Heller
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Januar 2006 12:07
An: (e-mail address removed)
Betreff: Re: Calling foreign functions from Python? ctypes?

Delaney said:
I'm sure you know the magical incantation to get that to happen ...

1. Propose it on python-dev.

2. Commit to maintain it in the python core (or alternatively, propose
to use the ElementTree maintenance method).

3. Get it accepted by Guido.

4. Do it.

If a library isn't put forward for inclusion by the *author*, it won't
be included - even if it's obviously best-of-breed. This was the
sticking point for ElementTree (until the author found out what was
going on and happily put it forward).

I have done 1. I commit myself to 2. I promise to do 3., if someone
convinces Guido to accept it (or whoever has the power to accept it).

I don't have such a plan. To my knowledge, ctypes has never been
contributed to Python, either, so its author apparently has no plan,
either.

It has been proposed to include it in core Python, but Guido didn't accept
it. The thread starts here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-January/thread.html#41814

And Guido's last word was this (see the end of the message):

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-January/041856.html

Thomas

Thomas Heller

Gerald Klix said:
I read the whol email thread carefully and could not find any sentence by
Guido, which states that he does not accept ctypes for the standard library.
He just declined to rewrite winreg. Did I miss something?

Maybe I misinterpreted what he wrote myself. Ok, I'll propose on
python-dev to include ctypes into core python.

Thomas