    -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
    Von: python-list-bounces+gerald.klix=
    [mailto:python-list-bounces+gerald.klix=] Im Auftrag von
    Thomas Heller
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Januar 2006 12:07
    Betreff: Re: Calling foreign functions from Python? ctypes?

    "Delaney, Timothy (Tim)" <> writes:

    > Thomas Heller wrote:
    >
    >> As the author, I would be happy to see ctypes included with the
    >> standard Python build.

    > I'm sure you know the magical incantation to get that to happen ...
    >
    > 1. Propose it on python-dev.
    >
    > 2. Commit to maintain it in the python core (or alternatively, propose
    > to use the ElementTree maintenance method).
    >
    > 3. Get it accepted by Guido.
    >
    > 4. Do it.
    >
    > If a library isn't put forward for inclusion by the *author*, it won't
    > be included - even if it's obviously best-of-breed. This was the
    > sticking point for ElementTree (until the author found out what was
    > going on and happily put it forward).

    I have done 1. I commit myself to 2. I promise to do 3., if someone
    convinces Guido to accept it (or whoever has the power to accept it).

    This is my response to Martin v. Löwis, who wrote:

    > I don't have such a plan. To my knowledge, ctypes has never been
    > contributed to Python, either, so its author apparently has no plan,
    > either.

    It has been proposed to include it in core Python, but Guido didn't accept
    it. The thread starts here:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-January/thread.html#41814

    And Guido's last word was this (see the end of the message):

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-January/041856.html

    Thomas

    Gerald Klix, Jan 10, 2006

  2. "Gerald Klix" <> writes:

    > I read the whol email thread carefully and could not find any sentence by
    > Guido, which states that he does not accept ctypes for the standard library.
    > He just declined to rewrite winreg. Did I miss something?

    Maybe I misinterpreted what he wrote myself. Ok, I'll propose on
    python-dev to include ctypes into core python.

    Thomas

    Thomas Heller, Jan 10, 2006