AWT Cursor in vista problem

yaron

Hi,
i have an applet with a black background.
when i set the Cursor to Cursor.TEXT_CURSOR in Vista the cursor is
displayed also in black, and it is not seen.
any idea???

Andrew Thompson

yaron wrote:
..
i have an applet with a black background.

Do you have a 'shift key'? Please apply it once at
the start of each sentence, and anytime you use the
word 'I'. Correct capitalisation helps readers to scan
text, looking for the important parts of a post.
when i set the Cursor to Cursor.TEXT_CURSOR in Vista the cursor is
displayed also in black, and it is not seen.
any idea???

Also please fix that sticky '?' key - one is enough.

But to your question.

I think it is silly to have an applet with a black background,
yet expect that the default Cursor.TEXT_CURSOR would be
of a color that is compatible with it.

There are two strategies (I can think of) that might
work here..
1) Leave all colors and cursors as the default, and trust
the underlying PLAF to ensure that there is enough contrast
to make the cursor visible.

I am guessing that strategy is not suitable for an applet
where you specifically set the background black, which
leads me to..
2) When you change or overried, any single color, make
sure you specifically set not only every other color (borders,
text color etc.), but also define custom cursors. Defining
a custom cursor can be done by calling..
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/a...a.awt.Image, java.awt.Point, java.lang.String
)>

HTH