axis.jar does not contain org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joey Vendetta, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I am using some example code to learn about web services with SOAP and
    WSDL. I have come accross some code as follows:

    import org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient;

    public class HelloClient
    String endpoint =
    "http://localhost:8080/axis/HelloServer.jws";
    ServiceClient client = new ServiceClient(endpoint);
    String ret = (String)client.invoke("","sayHelloTo",new
    Object[]{args[0]});
    System.out.println(ret);

    Which would be all well and good if axis.jar contained
    ServiceClient.class, refered to in the import statement, but it
    doesnt. I have the latest version of axis (1.1) and am not quite
    suure what to do now. Are there different version of axis.jar, some
    more extensive than others?

    As usual any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

    Best regards

    Ben
    Joey Vendetta, Apr 1, 2004