AXIS: no deserializer defined for array type string

Discussion in 'Java' started by R, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. R

    R Guest

    Hi all,

    Some time ago I wrote AXIS web service that used arrays of strings as
    request parameters and responses.

    Now I'm moving to J2ME WS, I needed to use document\literal SOAP
    messages, so I did:

    java -cp .:$AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o
    OrderWS.wsdl
    -l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/OrderWebService"
    -n"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/OrderWebService" -y DOCUMENT -u
    LITERAL Order

    then I undeployed old WS and changed WSDD to:

    <service name="OrderWebService" style="document" use="literal">
    <parameter name="className" value="Order"/>
    </service>
    </deployment>

    copied new classes to AXIS classes directory and deployed new WS with:
    java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd

    but now I can not invoke operations that use arrays as IN/OUT I get:

    faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer defined for
    array type {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/}string

    when in NetBeans 5.5 I chose "New J2ME WebService Client Information"
    and chose: "Existing WSDL File" option, NB shows me that WSDL generated
    by Java2WSDL is not WS-I compliant
    but without giving any further informations like: where/what is an
    error...

    the same thing with J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2 and Stub Generator

    I did not change the Java code of my WebService, all I need is to
    generate new WSDL, change WSDD so that I can invoke WS on mobile phones

    Arrays of primitive types don't need any mappings.
    Java2WSDL creates invalid WSDL? or am I doing something wrong?

    best regards

    R, Nov 13, 2006