Axis web service client hanging on calls

kelly

Hello,

I'm writing an WS client using Axis, and having a problem with the
calls hanging until they time out. I have a VB app here (written by
someone else) which uses the MSSOAP.SOAPClient30 object to connect to
the web service, make a call, and get some results. It works fine. I
generated Java client-side code from the WSDL of the same web service
and I'm trying to make the same calls as the VB app, but my client
code is hanging until it gets a "read timeout" error.

I put a trace utility on the server, and noticed that when my java
client calls it, the web service is still returning the expected
results. I just never see them on the client side. I also notice that
in calls made by the VB app, the "connection" header is set to
"close", while the one from my java client is set to "keep-alive".
Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

kelly said:
[...]

Some Googling indicates that this is a very old problem.

What version of Axis are you using ?

If not latest Axis then try an upgrade to 1.4 !

Arne